NOTICE TO OPERATORS REQUIRING LATVIAN CIVIL AVIATION AGENCY (CAA) AUTHORISATION TO CONDUCT HIGH RISK COMMERCIAL SPECIALISED OPERATIONS
Commission Regulation (EU) 965/2012 as amended, requires: The competent authority should make publicly available a list of activities of high risk commercial specialised operations so that operators are informed when to apply for an authorisation.
The Authority requirements for issuing an authorisation for high risk commercial specialised operations (SPO) are detailed in Annex II and the operator requirements to conduct commercial SPO are detailed in Annex III and Annex VIII of Commission Regulation (EU) 965/2012 as amended.
A commercial specialised operator shall apply for and obtain an authorisation issued by the competent authority of the operator prior to commencing a high risk commercial specialised operation when:
·Operations are conducted over an area where the safety of third parties on the ground is likely to be endangered in the event of an emergency, or
·As determined by the competent authority of the place where the operation is conducted, due to its specific nature and the local environment in which it is conducted, poses a high risk, in particular to third parties on the ground.
LIST OF ACTIVITIES OF HIGH RISK COMMERCIAL SPECIALISED OPERATIONS
The list is published in accordance with AMC1 ARO.OPS.150
The list is valid for every EU operator working on particular MS market
The list may be updated, as necessary
- Commercial specialised operations according to Part-SPO of Reg. (EU) No. 965/2012 that is performed below the minimum heights as per SERA 3105;
- Helicopter external sling loads operations over cities, congested areas or over an assembly of persons;
- Human external cargo operations (HEC);
- Aerobatic flights;
- Specialised operations which requires the carriage of Dangerous Goods;
- Operations where persons, which is not part of the crew, are leaving or going on board the aircraft during flight;
- Other operations for which the results of the risk assessment, which has to be performed by the operator according to SPO.OP.230, have identified a high risk according to ORO.SPO.110 (a).
Contact person for authorisation of high risk commercial specialised operations under ARO.OPS.150, including for a cross-border high risk commercial specialised operation:
Head of General Aviation operations section Gatis Jurkans